Bank of Alapaha was chartered on March 25, 1905 and originally occupied a brick corner building on Railroad St. in Alapaha, GA. The bank has grown to three branches located in Enigma, Nashville, and Adel. The bank was organized eight years prior to the creation of the Federal Reserve System and twenty eight years before the creation of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
The Enigma office was opened for business in 1973. This office was and is the only banking presence in the small town of Enigma. This office was created to facilitate more convenience and better service to customers in the Western section of Berrien County.
The Nashville office was opened for business in 1976. This office was located in Nashville because Nashville is the county seat and business center of Berrien County. Bank of Alapaha’s presence in Nashville created many business opportunities for the bank.
The Adel office, Cook Community Bank, opened in February 2002 as a loan production and mortgage loan office. The new building was completed in April 2003. It is a full-service facility which includes an ATM.
The bank offers a wide array of banking products and services to meet the varied and numerous needs of customers within our trade area. Convenience and customer services are important to Bank of Alapaha. We, as part of our community, strive to meet the needs of the people of Berrien County and Cook County.